Tracker

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Thoughts for the Weekend

I have a lot of thoughts floating around this morning, so this post is going to be in a different format than usual (a thought list).

 1 - I lost half of my 4th of July decorations. They are nowhere to be found. Thus I will not be celebrating.

 2 - Just kidding. We will be quietly celebrating at home by relaxing with the half of decorations I have.

 3 - Monday is my grandpa's birthday. The last birthday/4th of July we spent together was two years ago at an assisted living facility. They gave us patriotic ribbons to wear. It was so good to see him and yet he was in so much pain. He passed away three weeks later. I still have the ribbon in my medicine cabinet.

 4 - We are planning a trip! Ryan's parents invited us to go on an Alaskan cruise with them and Ryan's aunts and uncles. We are VERY excited. It's good to have something to look forward to.

 5 - My new boss is great and I love my new job. Who knew internal audit was so much pleasanter than accounting?

 6 - They merged departments at work and now the accounting department of 14 people and financial planning & analysis group of 1 person are together. They're calling it the "finance" department and the 14 people in accounting are annoyed. Understandably.

 7 - Have you ever had a coworker that got really mad at you and you didn't know why, but then the coworker acted like nothing ever happened? What did you do? Were you just grateful the drama was over, or were you worried you might set her off again since you still don't know what set her off in the first place?

 8 - One time the guy I was dating (this one) shot me with a BB gun. He didn't know it was loaded but laughed for approximately 20 minutes after it happened. I was considerably irritated by both the wound and the reaction.

 9 - When it's over 106 degrees, I am tired all of the time.

10 - Ryan told me that I could have an alternative title for my blog called "Sometimes I Care about Really Dumb Things."

11 - Ryan has NEVER shot me with a BB and definitely wouldn't have laughed about it. So I forgive him for #10. Actually it made me laugh.

No comments: