Tracker

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

New Recipes

We all go through phases of dinner slumps, and I felt like I'd been in one for months. Part of the problem was being so busy at work that we were eating out far too much. Anyway, I've been working harder at getting a meal on the table at least five nights a week, and I've been trying new recipes like these:

Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes
Guacamole (look, I don't even like avocados and I could eat this with a spoon)
Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos
Simple Sesame Noodles (sooo easy, but so delicious! also, great leftovers)
Brooke's Best Bombshell Brownies
Asian Lettuce Wraps

We've also had some failures, but I won't report on those. We both feel refreshed, I think to try some new things. Not to mention we have more to try this week. Someday I will get brave enough to cook a whole chicken and try the recipe my mother-in-law sent me that sounds super good but intimidating to someone without roasting experience.

Have you tried anything good lately?

4 comments:

Kate said...

Do you have a fairly large crockpot? I buy small whole chickens and rub them with olive oil, seasoned salt, and paprika--rub LIBERALLY--then cook in the crock pot for like 10 hours. It' so good and so easy! Then I shred the meat, toss the bones and skin back in the crockpot with water and scraps of veggies, and make chicken broth.

Nathan said...

Most of my prowess in the kitchen involves opening a can.

croaking toad said...

MMMMmmmmmm ... I want brownies!

The Allens (of Denver) said...

Christie - Travis and I get in the same slump! It's the worst! Thank you for sharing these great ideas!

Miss you!!!!