Tracker

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Without Missing a Beat

Remember my lovely grandmother Ruthy? I've been thinking about her a lot lately. She gets $10 to spend for their weekly (monthly? not sure) visits to Wal-mart. The sweet woman used it to buy a pair of Miley Cyrus sweat pants for my mom's birthday. It reminded me of another great Grandma story.

A woman from church, bless her kind soul, decided to start visiting my grandma. She was telling my mother about this, but my mom tried to brace her. "I think it's so nice of you to visit my mother," she said, "and I'm sure she really enjoyed it. I have to warn you that she probably won't remember it though."

"Nonsense!" exclaimed the woman. "We had a really great visit, and she seemed very with it. I'm sure she'll remember." Just then my grandma walked up to the conversation. The woman introduced herself and said, "Hi, Ruth! I'm Elizabeth Jones [name made up for protection and also I don't remember her real name anyway]. I came by to see you the other day."

Without missing a beat my incomparable grandma lamented, "I am so sorry I missed you! I must've been out."

Cue the sound effect. On the bright side, this woman has been visiting regularly for months now, and my grandma does remember her and her two boys.

1 comment:

Rina said...

Love your sound effect!