Tracker

Friday, June 4, 2010

Much Belated Thank You

After reminiscing about our engagement, I realized I owe some very belated thank you's. As I mentioned, my in-laws encouraged Ryan to take the plunge and have probably regretting it every day since. But they've been nice to me these 5 1/2 years nonetheless! Because that's the kind of in-laws they are. Then on top of the encouragement, my sil and bil also carried out the grunt work of the entire performance, driving up to Sundane and arranging the flowers and candle. And of course my sil welcomed us into her house afterward to take pictures and congratulate us.

Lastly (I think I hear the orchestra starting to drown out my thank-yous), I owe a thanks to very supportive friends. My roommates were patient in listening to my excitement and doubts. My cousin gave me the best advice in telling me that I already knew whether I was going to marry Ryan but that I just had to work through to get to that answer. She was right.

I realized that so many people helped to bring us together and regardless of whether they regret it now, I certainly am grateful.

No comments: