Tracker

Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Kind of Love

Last week some mid-day show was on TV in the lunch room. They were reading Valentine's stories sent by the viewers. One lady said her husband wrote a note on every single tissue and put them all back in the box. That way, she could read something sweet and romantic throughout the year. I'm not even going to explain why this disturbed me.

Did I ever tell you about the time my grandparents were almost mugged? They had just attended a session at the Albuquerque Temple and dinner at their favorite restaurant. They stopped at the ATM when this guy approached. He game up behind my grandma and grabbed at her purse while ordering her to give him all her money.

My grandpa did what any God-fearing man of 80 would do when his beloved was in peril. He took the guy DOWN. In the process my grandpa lost his own balance, but the message of "don't mess with my wife" had already been impressed. The guy bolted, getting away with nothing more than the cash they'd just taken out of the ATM and the debit card.



[picture used without permission from my brother]

That's my kind of love.

No comments: