Tracker

Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Valentine Act of Kindness

My mom is a school nurse. She has all kind of sad stories about the children at her school, but this one has a happy ending. When she got to school yesterday this boy was crying in the office. Apparently he'd left his Valentines on the bus. He was devastated. The poor child is overweight and has been teased, making the situation more pitiable. But what can you do but send the kid to class?

A few minutes later the principal walked out of her office, putting on her coat. "I'm going to the school bus hub," she announced. "I doubt I'll find them but I'm going to try. And if I don't find them, I'm going to buy him new ones." And off she went. By some miracle she found them. She called the boy into her office and gave them to him. He immediately gave her a gigantic hug. He was so happy.

Am I a total sap because that story got me all choked up?

3 comments:

The Allens (of Denver) said...

That gets me all choked up too!

David and Kimber Strasser said...

how sweet!

Nathan said...

I wasn't the overweight kid, but I was a kid who got teased, and it's nice to see when people pay attention to the one rather than getting wrapped up in all the noise of the many.

That principal deserves a commendation.