Tracker

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Something More Positive

Hopefully none of you were overly worried about my little rant yesterday. Things did look brighter in the morning and my day has been infinitely better (probably because I'm not acting like a whiny crank). I did get another attorney bill about my dad's estate and just sent off a nasty email explaining why I refuse to throw more money into that pit. Now I'm feeling prickly again and thought I'd share something nice to help me adjust the attitude. We're discussing The Screwtape Letters at book club tonight and was really moved by a passage. In case you haven't read the book, it's written from the point of view of Screwtape, one of Satan's minions, so the Enemy is actually God.
"Our cause is never more in danger than when a human, no longer desiring, but still intending, to do our Enemy's will, looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished, and asks why he has been forsaken, and still obeys."
I love the last part about feeling utterly alone and without God's light but still doing the right thing. That's the kind of faith I would like to have 100% of the time. I think I'm at about 3.6% now--long way to go.

No comments: