Tracker

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Little Sicky


Henri is one of my best buddies. He gave everyone quite a scare recently when he quit eating. First we thought he was in kidney failure. Then we thought might have pancreatic cancer. This week we got his test results back, and he has neither. Hooray! We've all been so worried (even Ryan) but my mom especially.

When I had my wisdom teeth out, I came home in tears. My teeth hurt something awful, but I also felt sick to my stomach. I do NOT like to vomit. My mom made me a sick bed on the couch and Henri came over to check on me. He put his nose close to mine and just stood next to me until I quit crying. He was a very good nurse.

More recently . . . my mom has a gas oven that managed to catch fire due to some rogue, dripping monkey bread. Henri was so upset! We were trying to put the fire out without ruining the bread (my mom was hosting brunch and the guests were due to arrive any minute!), and Henri kept herding us away. It was like he was guarding the fire, trying to keep us from it. Obviously that wasn't a true emergency. The fire was small and basically contained. But Henri didn't know that, and he acted very bravely!

Anyway, we know Henri is getting older and won't live forever. We're just glad to have him around for as long as we can keep him.

No comments: