Tracker

Monday, January 11, 2010

It Was Meant to Be

While talking about stress at work today, I was reminded of a good coworker story. You remember "Sam" my ex-coworker? I was actually her replacement as she had accepted a job in another department. Thus, she trained me. It was awful.

"Sam" believes that we all release certain energies. Apparently some of us have energy that isn't compatible to other energies (I guess that's what you tell yourself when you're a cantankerous person). She said that she and I were very high energy. Translation to me: high strung. Which is true.

Anyway, she told me this long winded story about a heated argument she had with one of our VP's. As the conversation become more and more tense, she began to feel warmer and warmer. Finally, she felt so hot she got up and went to the bathroom to take a breather. When she looked in the mirror her eyebrows were singed! [I think I was supposed to gasp at this part of the story] Yes, her energy levels reached such incredible levels that it burned her brows.

"And now I know why you were meant to work here," she said. I couldn't possibly imagine how her story related to me. "To warn you." .....?? "about spontaneous combustion." Usually I'm pretty quick, but it took me a minute to put this together. She thought I was in danger of causing self spontaneous combustion? And then I went to the bathroom and cried.

4 comments:

Nathan said...

Holy cow, seriously?

I wonder if "Sam" used to work in my office. This story fits right in with all my Office Outtakes.

Kate said...

Hahaha... Jason loves hearing the stories about Sam. More, please!

Tamara said...

Oh Christie I'm sorry you cried - but it's a funny story.

Holly said...

This is one of the best stories I've ever read in my entire life.