Tracker

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sam and Tofu

This isn't as good as spontaneous combustion, but I don't know if I can top that one. Anyway, a few people from our department went to a Mongolian barbeque for lunch one day. While in line we talked about what we would be putting in our stir fries. I mentioned that I like mine without meat but that I really didn't like tofu either. Sam agreed that tofu was gross and didn't know who would want to eat it.

When it was my turn I requested a heaping helping portion of this:



Sam raised her eyebrows and accused, "I thought you said you didn't like tofu." "By the way," she added while pointing, "I hate that stuff too." That =

.

It wouldn't have been so funny except that she said it with such genuine conviction. A better person than myself would've kept her mouth shut. Not me. Maybe she'd just called me "kid" too many times, but I promptly laughed and corrected her. What a jerk I am.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I think you did her a favor, now next time she won't look so stupid in front of someone else.