Tracker

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Back to Business

I've had a hard time transitioning from the holidays, thus the blogging absence. In fact, my decorations only came down two days ago. It is time to get moving into 2011!

So once the decorations came down I got that empty feeling inside, reflecting the empty spaces around the house. [ which is probably why I put off the clean up to begin with ] Anyway, I noticed an extremely bare wall between the family room and kitchen. It needs shelves, I thought. Besides, my collection of books is about three books away from overflowing my bookcase.

I went to Home Depot (pronounced DEH-po according to my dear Texan high school physics teacher) and made quite the fool of myself. After an hour I finally had the board I needed. A kind employee agreed to cut it in half for me.

This is totally random, but guess what they use for measuring? Yes, tape measures. But not just any tape measures. Unopened tape measures straight off the shelf! They still have the plastic clam shell packaging. I wasn't sure if I should be concerned that they were using merchandise or amused at their cleverness. You have to admit, it's efficient!

No comments: