Tracker

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Enough Cleaning to Wake the Dead

Our church building no longer has paid janitorial services. All cleaning must be completed by the ward members. We conveniently skipped out on our first rotation when we were out of town for Thanksgiving. It was our turn again last Saturday. We showed up late only to see a hearse. Obviously that was odd, but we didn't think too much about it.

We walked in and what did we see at the other end of the hallway. A big, light blue, OPEN casket. There we were to clean, with a dead body out on display. I really don't like bodies [let it be known: when I die, we will NOT be having an open casket! If someone opens it, I'll be coming back to close it myself ], but more than the creepy factor, it just seemed so . . . so . . . disrespectful!

All but the bathrooms were cleaned before we arrived, and I'm never been so grateful to clean a toilet. When we left Ryan said, "I'm so glad I didn't have to vacuum! Can you imagine trying to vacuum with a casket in there?" What if you bumped into it? Yikes!

No comments: