Tracker

Friday, January 28, 2011

Goals for 2011!!

I know everyone has been dying to know what my goals were for 2011 and what my progress was for 2010. I apologize for the delay, even though I know nobody could possibly care. As far as last year's goals go . . . I'm not even going to recap them. Some pretty crappy things happened (like I couldn't visit my Grammie's farm since she had a heart attack), and I flat out didn't put the focus into goals that I should've. Instead I'll list some of my accomplishments! Some of these weren't even resolutions from last year. This way maybe I don't feel so sorry for myself.
  1. I did, in fact settle my dad's affairs! Even though one or two lingering issues has crept into 2011, I was officially released as executor in September!! I am so grateful to have survived and to have made as much sense of it as I could have. Couldn't have done it without help--from both here and above.
  2. Two years ago I started studying Preach My Gospel. This year I finished it.
  3. I kept my journal surprisingly up to date.
  4. I changed both water filters in the kitchen (sink and fridge). I guess I overachieved in some areas while I failed in others.
  5. We replaced the screen door in front and had the bathroom remodeled (pictures coming soon).
  6. I quit my job!
  7. I wrote to my sweet grandma every single month.
This year I decided to categorize my goals because . . . because . . . probably because I have mild OCD.
    ·      Take care of the house
    o   Clean the baseboards (once)
    o   Clean out all of the closets
    o   Clean out the garage and make room for water drum
    o   Transfer all music to Ipod (I listen while I clean)
    o   Clean out the pantry
    o   Completely clean the inside and outside of the fridge
    o   Clean up the estate files, keeping only what is necessary
    o   Put up new shelves
    ·       Increase my skills and talents
    o   Increase investment knowledge
    §  Subscribe to podcasts and feeds relating to the economy and financial news/strategies
    §  Read books on economics and investment, especially those recommended by Jag (Jag is our investment guy at Schwab. He's from Germany and has a cool name and accent. Luckily, he is extremely knowledgeable and personable, which I supposed is more important than his name)
    §  Have reasonable knowledge of current investments
    o   Attend book club monthly and continue to read a breadth and depth of books
    o   Bake at least one something (bread, dessert, etc.) per week
    ·         Improve physical fitness
    o   Exercise 2-3 times per week
    o   Have date night at least once per month
    o   Update 72-hour kits
    o   Fill and maintain water drum (and find a pallet!!)
    o   Replenish year’s supply
    ·         Improve spiritual fitness
    o   Attend the Temple once per month
    o   Journal at least once per month
    o   Fast every month!
    ·         Serve others
    o   Write Grandma once per month 
    o   Make contact with visiting teaching sisters every month

    I bolded ones I'm already working on to stroke my ego and remind me that I'm already accomplishing stuff. It is almost February, afterall. Only 11 months to get this stuff done!

    1 comment:

    Tamara said...

    such organized and great goals - I'm jealous.