Tracker

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Too Uptight

I'm too uptight. Did you know that? Well, I tricked Ryan into thinking I wasn't. Because I was also friends with his friends, I knew he didn't like me. They told me he thought I wasn't very sporadic. Even though I knew I was anything but sporadic, I also felt very strongly that it was important that he give me a chance. Where I'd have given up on other guys, I sensed that I shouldn't give up him yet. So Ryan's friends continued to talk me up (or so they tell me).

Ryan decided to devise a test. It was early into the semester but I was already feeling overwhelmed with schoolwork. After a ward activity I was anxious to get back to studying, but I had been warned by his friends that some kind of test was coming. He approached me and asked if I wanted to hang out.

My mind screamed, "NOOOO! You have studying!!! What is he thinking???!" but my mouth said, "Sure, what did you have in mind?" We did something silly (like buy Trivial Pursuit DVD edition at Walmart and then played it with some friends at his apartment) and I played the part of a go-with-the-flow-kind-of-gal rather well.

It probably doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but it was enough for Ryan to give me a chance. And honestly, being that sporadic almost killed me. I still don't know how I had the courage, but I'm glad I pulled it off. This story would have a happy ending (which, it does for me), but now Ryan is stuck with me, the most non-sporadic person I know.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Would you please post your proposal story next? Jason and I were just talking about that today!

David and Kimber Strasser said...

I love you Christie!