Tracker

Monday, October 25, 2010

Too Early for Moral Decisions

After a blood draw this morning, I decided to treat myself to a little Chick-fil-a breakfast before running the rest of my errands. At the window I went to grab my wallet but couldn't find it. My wallet is always in my purse. Embarrassed (and panicked), I told the lady that I couldn't find my wallet and that I was sorry to make them pull together an order. She said it was fine and asked if I wanted any condiments. I said no, remember I don't have my wallet? She said it was fine again and handed me my order. Chick-fil-a will have my loyalty now for life.

By the time I came home I remembered I put my wallet in my Temple bag on Friday (meaning I'd been driving around all weekend without my license, yikes!) and also found an extra item in my order! Not only was my breakfast free, but I got free chicken mini's too!! So here is my dilemma . . . do I go back and pay now that I have my wallet? I doubt the same girl will still be there two hours later, and I don't want to get her in trouble if she wasn't supposed to give me free food. Obviously I want to do the right thing though and am happy to pay. What do you think?

4 comments:

Kate said...

I would pay it forward-next time you see someone in your predicament, pick up their bill, or just offer to pay for the car behind you at the drive-thru or toll booth or something. That way you don't have to worry about getting the employee in trouble.

Unknown said...

Think of this in a different light. What would you encourage your children to do if they had this sae situation in their lives. I would want them to go back and pay, so I would go back and pay myself! But I also think that Kates suggestion was good. Pay it forward. It comes down to what you want to do!

Rina said...

I vote with Kate.

Meredith said...

I think paying it forward is a great idea, too. Added bonus: you're guaranteed to make someone else's day.