Tracker

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Crazy Pills

The doctor put me on some medication that has the lovely effect of blocking dopamine. It has some pretty crazy side effects like increased desire to gamble and engage in illicit activities. I am proud to say that I haven't had any of those desires, but my emotions have been really haywire.

I was watching the Price is Right a few days ago and somebody won a car. I burst into tears. I was just so happy for the guy! Then somebody else won a boat. More tears. I think I cried a total of three times during that one episode. I guess that's still better than seeking out drugs.

3 comments:

David and Kimber Strasser said...

I am glad that you aren't having the urge to sin, lol. Good luck with your pills. I am here if you ever want to talk. Love you.

Nathan said...

Ever once in a while my wife does this without pills. I think she may have even cried over a commercial of a Hawaiian guy doing a tribal dance.

Holly said...

I bet this whole Chilean miner thing really got you worked up, then. :)

Good luck, Christie!