Tracker

Friday, May 21, 2010

The Evils of CNN

I thought of Holly's experience yesterday when a lady at work came back from lunch very upset. "Why do people have to watch that CNN in the lunchroom? I just don't understand it," she complained to the lady in the cubicle next to mine. I thought to myself that I couldn't blame her. I don't really enjoy eating to the tune of the news either. Especially the same depressing/angering/irritating story over and over again. Apparently that wasn't her complaint though. "How can they watch that stuff? Words going across the bottom, things popping up on the sides, all while somebody's talking! How can anyone figure out what's going on with all that happening at once?"

If CNN is a mystery, I don't think my sweet coworker will be picking up a Kindle or registering for facebook anytime soon. It does somewhat explain why I think she prints and saves her emails though . . .

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Oh, painful. This reminds me of my mom, who (bless her heart) forgets that the taskbar on the computer screen gives you access to all the open windows, not just the one on the top. When a new one pops up, she has a hard time trying to figure out where the other one went.

Holly said...

ah-haha. Yes, I totally appreciate this story!

And I have to confess...I don't know what song you were talking about! Remind me? I'm sure it has something to do with middle school!

Christie said...

I'm actually not sure if you liked or disliked the song. :) But it definitely reminds me of middle school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXg5pOF2PvY&feature=related