Tracker

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Best Buddies


My brother was in town this weekend. We did a whole lot of nothing very exciting, but isn't that the best thing you can do with your little brother? I was going to write some of the funny things we talked about . . . but I'm having trouble thinking of anything that wouldn't offend someone or would even be funny to anyone outside the family. We did laugh pretty hard when the older lady checking receipts at Costco told us she had a brain fart. Especially because Mom says she hates that word and we're not allowed to use it.

Anyway, we are pretty weird siblings. I mean, we're weird in a lot of ways but what makes us the most different is that we hardly ever fought. We've always been buddies and have taken good care of each other. For example, I almost punched a kid that pushed him at school in 5th grade (the weaselly kid ran off before I could hit him though). My junior year he gently told me the truth about my poor hairstyle choice before going to a concert and embarrassing myself. I helped him dress like a thug for Halloween in middle school. He hung out with me when I didn't go to my senior prom and made me laugh so much I didn't even regret not going. Well, regret very much.

I could go on forever. The point is that we still look out for each other. I took him to find a storage unit, and he ran errands with me. I kept him well fed all weekend, and he got the toilet paper roll that's been in the tree for two years because Ryan and I weren't crazy enough to try to climb such a flimsy tree to get it. I gave him bug spray to douse his storage unit and he stole cookies to take back with him. The sweetest thing he did was to install our new smoke detector. When it didn't work, he went and bought another one and installed it too. I should've known he would be into fire safety.


It was a great weekend.

No comments: