Tracker

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Engagement Disclaimer

My friend Kate requested I share my engagement story. If I'm going to tell the story accurately from my point of view, I may have to admit to some of my . . . er . . . hesitations about marrying Ryan. So before I do that (which I plan to do in the next week), I think I should make a disclaimer.

Regardless of any doubts I had before getting married, I am very happy with the decision we made. Ryan and I are pretty different, but that helps to keep us more balanced. Even though our differences drive each other crazy, they are also our greatest strengths in our marriage.

Can you imagine if I married someone like me?? It would be constant emotions and talking and anger and stress and more talking and a lot of ranting and way too much analyzing and then random bursts of happy. We would both explode. Of course I see that in retrospect. I just didn't see it as clearly at the time. But the point of this growing post is that I DO see it now. I definitely plan on keeping him around and think he feels the same way about me. Uptightness and all. Just keep that in mind.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you're going to post your engagement story :)