Tracker

Saturday, March 27, 2010

March for Team Lily Jane

Some of you may know my good friend Meredith. Well, I think she's great, and I'm very sorry if you don't know her. She has a good husband and the cutest little boy at home. She also has the sweetest baby in Heaven named Lily Jane. In fact, Lily inspired Mer to start an Etsy shop where 10% of the proceeds are donated to March of Dimes in honor of that beautiful baby girl.

This spring Meredith is also walking on team Lily Jane. March of Dimes is a really good organization as evidenced here.* I'm sure Meredith would love to have you walk with her team if you're in the area. If not, another option is to provide a donation.

[Image courtesy of Meredith's design blog Lily Jane]

I know money is tight for a lot of people right now, but even small donations would be appreciated. I promise, I do not intend to use my blog as a way to solicit funds very often. :) I have very strong feelings about this cause. Unfortunately, Meredith is not the only friend I have who has lost a child. I can't even begin to imagine the pain, so I guess this is the only thing I can think to do to show my love and support. If you can, I think this is a great way to show your love and support too.

*Note: give.org is a VERY useful tool. I always try to check out a charity before giving to see how much of my donation is going to go to the program. My rule of thumb is that approximately 3/4 of funds should go to the program. March of Dimes is 77%

[Image courtesy of Meredith's design blog Just Lovely]

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Christie, you are the best. Love you. And thanks for the birthday wishes, too!