Tracker

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Living in a Hotel

Let me preface by saying that I love the idea of a hotel (having somebody make up your room, etc.), but in practice it grosses me out. The thought of sleeping or showering or sitting where who-knows-whom did who-knows-what actually gives me mild anxiety.

When we got married we bought cheapy sheets, and only had one set. Needless to say, after five years, they were wearing awfully thin. So thin you could actually see through them in places. We also had a comforter from Ikea (this is one thing I DON'T recommend from Ikea) that I hated. I think the down comforter actually cost less than the sheets, and feathers kept poking me in the night. Yuck.

So when this bedding went on sale a little while ago, I decided to replace all of our bedding at once. Note: we paid a fraction of what the online price shows now.

Image courtesy of Dillards.com

Basically, we don't have a nice headboard, and I still haven't bought the bedskirt yet (we have our old sage-colored one...I know, it clashes terribly). But I still feel so fancy! I've never had white sheets before, and it feels JUST like staying in a hotel. Except no anxiety! Because I'm in my very own home. Tell Hannah I think I have her beat for the best of both worlds.

3 comments:

Nathan said...

It's amazing what a change like this will do. We finally replaced our mattress, and I'm in heaven every time I lay down.

It's a little disorienting to be so giddy.

Rina said...

Wow! I love it! Enjoy your new bedding.

David and Kimber Strasser said...

love it!