Tracker

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Leaves

In the scorching desert, we have to create our own autumn. One way we do that is by utilizing manufactured fall scents. We have a Wallflower (Ryan and I pick out the scents together. One time he tried to pick Calypso Caribbean something-or-other, and I vetoed that one) and also candles. My favorite was one by Illuminations, but alas, they are no more. I found my replacement though, and it may be even better:

Leaves is a bit of a misnomer though, since the scent in no way resembles the smell of leaves. It does, however, smell like spices and apples, and harvest berries. I love it. Anyway, I'm hoping for the same reaction from the trick-or-treaters as last year:

[doorbell rings]
Cute little girl: Trick--
[girl stops and sniffs air]
Cute little girl: Your house smells BEA-U-TI-FUL!

I totally gave her extra candy.

3 comments:

The Allens (of Denver) said...

I love that story Christie! I bet your house did smell "BEAUTIFUL"!

I am also a HUGE fan of Fall scented candles.

Sarah said...

Hi Christie. I'm obsessed with finding the right air freshener right now because I'm always paranoid my house smells like diapers. Oh, and Devin says to tell G-Money that he is really enjoying Richmond even though it's overpopulated with "crackers".

Tamara said...

What a cute story!