Tracker

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Under the Bed

Sometimes I have great stories but they're other people's stories and I feel weird telling them. But this is one from somebody I worked with years ago, and I'm sure he doesn't read my blog. So I'm totally stealing it and retelling it here. I think Tamara knows this story, so please chime in if I've told it wrong.

Ed's son was three at the time, and he (his son, not Ed) was having trouble sleeping at night. He was convinced there was something under the bed. They kept trying to calm his fears by showing him there was nothing, but he was certain there was SOMETHING. Poor Ed was at a loss. He could NOT convince his son that nothing was under there, so he decided to turn the tables. He would convince his son that it was something good! In a moment it came to him and he blurted out, "Don't worry, it's just Jesus!"

Who knows what kind of doctrinal confusion that poor boy has experienced since. However, if I remember the story right, I believe Ed's son did start sleeping through the night.

No comments: