Tracker

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Graduate School Orientation

Ryan is gearing up for graduate school in the form of a night program. He is going to be VERY busy the next year. He keeps trying to tell me that I'm going to be busy too (doing his homework) but he is going to be sorely mistaken on that one.

Last night they had an orientation to talk about the layout of the program and force him to network with his classmates. He sent me several funny texts during the evening, but I especially liked this one:

"In case you were wondering, cucumber water is gross."

Ryan hates cucumbers so I couldn't possibly figure out what possessed him to knowingly drink cucumber water. Apparently his only other choice was iced tea. So. Yeah. He said he tried the cucumber water like four times. He kept thinking, "Nothing could possibly taste THAT gross." But then it did. The thirsty boy had to resort to drinking from the drinking fountain. Now Ryan thinks his peers must think he's some kind of country yokel for drinking out of the drinking fountain, but he was really thirsty.

Luckily he seemed to like the people he met and he seems a little less stressed about starting school in a few weeks. Although he has asked me repeatedly to cut my hair like a boy and do graduate school for him. I don't think that's quite the brilliant idea he thinks it is. And I know he'll do just fine.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Tell him good luck. I'm in a graduate program, and it definitely takes its toll on free time.