Tracker

Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Other Woman

I'm sorry to say that Ryan has expressly forbidden me from disclosing his Cougarboard identity. Maybe it's because he think he's batman. Regardless, I should follow orders since I technically blogged about him without permission. Maybe I could hold a contest to see if somebody can guess his screen name . . . then I wouldn't be blabbing, right?

Eh, anyway. This is a funny time of year for me. I still get strong back-to-school anxiety even though I've been out of school for over three years. It also means that "the other woman" will be getting a lot of Saturday airtime. "The other woman" = football.

Ryan assures me that he loves me more than football. I'm pretty sure he would've married football instead of me if he could have though. Then again, he has a sweet setup now because he gets us both.

I used to hate football season. Ryan would drag me to the games then monopolize the TV with more football. In between he's on Cougarboard, of course.

Somewhere in our marriage my sentiments have shifted. I can't say that I love football (although I do now know there is a quarterback AND a cornerback! It isn't just people slurring their words), but I don't hate it either. As I came home on a Saturday morning a couple of weeks ago, the TV was shouting at me about football. Instead of thinking, "Football already?!" I thought, "This feels nice."

I like that Ryan has a hobby. I like that Saturday football means we're both at home instead of working. I like that it means cooler weather is around the corner. Mostly I like that it makes Ryan very happy. He deserves it. Besides, it could be worse. He could like baseball instead. :)

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I can't help but feel that Craig is being personally called out on this one :)

Nathan said...

I'm glad you can appreciate it. I don't like sports, and girls always used to say that my future wife will be so happy. I always responded that I would marry the one girl who is an avid football watcher. So, while all the guys are downstairs hanging out with my wife, I would be stuck in the kitchen, talking about crocheting techniques and discussing the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe.

Thankfully, that didn't happen and my wife doesn't go anywhere near a football game.