Tracker

Monday, August 30, 2010

Anything for a Laugh

Did you know Ryan will do literally anything for a laugh? It's true.

The thing vying for his time most (besides me) is Cougarboard. [Just to clarify, it's a BYU sports message board, not a message board for those older female cougars. I guess I should be grateful to be competing with football, not older women looking for younger men.]

I digress. The point is that Ryan announced today that he is banned temporarily. Again. No, it's not the first time and probably won't be the last. Basically he's on suspension for posting something inappropriate. "But it was funny!" he protested to me. "And the other Cougars get banned all of the time too!" Really, he's quite proud of his joke and isn't really phased by the punishment. Today.

The problem is that the pride won't last. See, he'll wake up tomorrow deeply bemoaning the fact that he can't post anything for three whole days! His world will be dark and empty! He just can't make it that long! And I'll be expected to give him sympathy.

A few months down the road, he'll forget how painful it was to be banned. He'll think of something funny (although inappropriate!) to say. So he will post it, unconcerned for the consequences. Thus goes the circle of life.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Jason loves Cougarboard, but I don't think he actually posts anything... just reads. I'll have to ask if he knows Ryan is on there!

Rina said...

Why am I not surprised? Maybe Ryan can be a guest blogger on your blog and he can humor us all with his hillarity.

Kylee said...

(from Russ) What is his username? I just started posting on there recently but I have been reading for a long time. Good stuff

(from Kylee) When Russ says he has been reading for a long time, that means two things:
1. a long time in one day - multiple times throughout the day or one long visit.
2. for many years - ever since he heard about it, it is a daily addiction of his (maybe hourly)

(from Russ) It was only exacerbated by the whole independence talk. I have been known to go a few days at a time without reading. :)