Tracker

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Backhanded Compliments

I've noticed that I've been getting a lot of backhanded compliments lately, usually in reference to my clothes. Now, I don't pretend to be a fashionista or even able to coordinate a reasonable outfit, but I would think most people wouldn't point it out to me. Here are some examples:

"That's a REALLY bright shirt."

"You sure are wearing a lot of colors today."

"That's a very equestrian look." [Equestrian? Really?]

"No, really. That's a VERY bright shirt."

And today was, "Wow. That's sure an orange shirt."

Come to think of it, I'm not sure those are even backhanded compliments. Seeing them in writing makes me think they were outright insults. Well. I guess I have fewer office Christmas gifts this year.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Boo. I think you should give everyone orange shirts for Christmas :)