Tracker

Saturday, September 25, 2010

I Hope They Call Me on a Mission

For 101 reasons we've debated my job situation for months. Right before we left on vacation, we finally made the decision that I should quit. The biggest reason not to quit was, what do I do with myself? Once we have kids they'll keep me plenty busy, but until then . . . and not knowing when then will be . . . what???

We decided to take a leap of faith and just quit anyway. My friend and I were talking about how you have to take that step into the dark sometimes before the pathway will be lit. I HATE taking chances, but I do think you have to trust that God knows what He's doing. I felt nervous but still at peace.

The next night (before telling my boss but after the decision was made) I had a message on my answering machine. Well, it turns out that my bishop wants me to serve at the Bishop's Storehouse (sorta like a food bank?) for a part-time service mission. They'll be flexible with doctor's appointments as long as I work at least eight hours a week.

Sometimes I wonder why we struggle so much to make leaps of faith. Not only do things work out, they usually work out rather extremely fast. I am so grateful (and a little excited) for this opportunity to serve. It's been hard to stay hopeful when other problems haven't resolved so quickly, and I definitely needed this tender mercy.

2 comments:

David and Kimber Strasser said...

Exciting to serve. I think that would be awesome to do something liek that. You are awesome and I admire your leap of faith. Oh, if you ever get too bored you can come visit me :)

Rina said...

Cool!!