Tracker

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Out of Service

**Disclaimer: this is a long post! Consider yourself warned.**

Sorry I've been out of service the last week or two, but I have been basking in Christmas glory. My mom and brother joined us for our first Christmas (in five years) in our own home. We had a LOVELY time. Highlights include:

1.) Visiting the Temple lights. SLC has nothing on Mesa.

2.) Watching our traditional Christmas movies:





"I lost mine" [giggles every time]

3.) Stuffing our faces with all kinds of good food like Costco ham, spritz cookies, buckeye balls, cherry chocolate bites, mustard green beans, cranberry cider, oh etc. etc.

4.) Receiving some very thoughtful gifts such as new cowboy boots, a camera (so nice!) from my brother, great cooking equipment/books from my mom (especially some Penzey Spices....mmmmm, mmmmm), food storage from Ryan's parents (thank you! saving me the stress is a greater present than you'll ever know!) and Guitar Hero from Ryan.

5.) Making my mom play said Guitar Hero. She did quite well and hardly complained when we made her play the Metallica Guitar Hero.

6.) Playing Cranium, where my mom made a clean sweep of us all.

7.) Watching the cute new Disney movie.

8.) Hiking in the intriguing Usery Mountains.


9.) Snuggling with our poodle visitor.

10.) Celebrating the birth of our Savior.

1 comment:

Flab to Fab Group said...
This comment has been removed by the author.