Tracker

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Creepy Christmas

The most disturbing thing happened today. My boss gave me a box of fudge yesterday (somebody gave it to him, but he didn't want it), so I left it on my desk last night. I'd had a couple of pieces but somehow managed enough self control to save some for the rest of the week. Just before lunch I got a hankering and opened the box.

I was horrified to find one piece had a bite taken out!!! Who does that?? My coworker pointed out that it must be someone deranged. I felt like someone left a knifed jack-o-lantern on my doorstep with a note that says "You." Seriously though. A mere petty thief would've taken the whole piece or maybe even the whole box. But who takes one bite and put it back?

Obviously someone is trying to mess with my head. And it's working. Merry Christmas indeed.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

I"m sorry to tell you Christie, but I did something very similar to Matt once and it was hilarious! One of the quality moments at Progress. I'm sure it's just someone trying to be funny...obviously they can't pull off as well as me. :)

Christie said...

I'd forgotten about that! Oh good times. Here's the thing, I work with women 60+ . . . so I don't think it's a joke. They aren't nearly devious enough to come up with something like that. Either way, I'm glad you reminded me of your antics at Progress. Man, I miss that place.

Nathan said...

Ugh, that's gross. I would seriously be so weirded out that someone had licked every piece that I'd have to throw the box away.

It would be a waste of good fudge.