Tracker

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Passionate about Cooking

Cooking does matter in the sense that somebody has to do it or we'll all die. Or eat grass. Sick. But I do definitely have a passion for it. Food, generally speaking, will probably be mentioned frequently on this blog. After fasting all day, I decided to have a pretty good dinner. We had a beef stir-fry recipe that we just love (my mom gave it to me, but I think it's from an old Betty Crocker cookbook). I got distracted (setting up my blog, actually), so the sauce evaporated a little more than usual. It was thicker but still nice and flavorful. To drink I tried a recipe from this silly non-alcoholic drinks pamphlet-like book I inherited from my grandmother. It was this minty lemonade drink consisting of lemonade and a little mint extract. Really tasty! Then, to finish it all off, I attempted individual molten chocolate cakes. This is my fourth attempt, I'm ashamed to say. All other attempts have resulted in tasty "brownies" with no molten center. But hooray because tonight they were super-liquid in the middle! Then I dumped some sweetened raspberries on top with a hint of raspberry extract. Mmmmmmm...... I admit I'm feeling quite pleased with my cooking tonight. Being an eperimental chef (with no professional training), things can be a bit hit or miss in the kitchen. Tonight was definitely a hit.

5 comments:

Rina said...

Please invite me over next time you cook. Nevermind that it would be a two-day drive, I want some of your cooking!

The Allens (of Denver) said...

Will you send me the recipe for the beef stir fry??? It sounds delicious!

Holly said...

so glad you have a blog...

and that dinner sounds wonderful.

David and Kimber Strasser said...

Sounds delicious. You can add my blog if you want to yours. I am excited you made one, it is an easy way to stay in touch. Look forward to reading more about your life and such.
Kimber

Joy Black said...

love to have recipes, even better, come for visit and demonstrate.