Tracker

Monday, August 17, 2009

Legacy



Ruthy is one of the finest women I know. She loves dancing, Agatha Christie novels, Shirley Temple, I Love Lucy, and sweets. And especially she loves her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.

I have hundreds of memories with this beautiful, wonderful woman. People like her deserve to have a legacy. And that is why I'm learning how to make her dinner rolls. It's a small thing, but our family can think of her every time we eat them. Also, I try to imitate her puttering and humming around the kitchen. Picturing that always makes me smile.

I have her delicious recipe but am struggling with the execution of it. Any tips for handling doughs and breads? I need to make my grandma proud.

1 comment:

croaking toad said...

I'll send your plea for help onto my mom .. she was the queen of breads. Too bad the gift with yeast did not follow to the next generation.