Tracker

Friday, June 3, 2011

Bird Feathers

I neglected to inform you all that our sweet baby birds arrived! It was hard to count their little beaks from down here on the ground (okay, who am I kidding? I put a step stool by the front door so I could spy on them from inside but I still couldn't see much) but I do believe I counted four. Four! Sweet baby birds. I was sick last week and worrying only about my own pity party and thus not thinking about the birdies. At some point I finally realized I didn't hear chirping. It's been a few weeks, so I figured they'd flown the nest! It's what birds do. Then our home teacher brought over something. I opened the door and looked down to see.....gasp!! bird feathers. Beneath the soft little gray feathers was residue on the pavement. YUCK!!! We have lots of cats in the neighborhood and I just remembered I saw a calico hovering around the porch when I got back from the pharmacy last week. If only I was so anxious to get inside and start the meds and had realized what was happening! In an attempt to console me, my home teacher said, "Well, maybe they just fell out of the nest." It didn't help.

No comments: