Tracker

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Big Announcement

I've struggled with knowing just how to write this post. Once upon a time I thought that I would be typing in all caps and using a zillion explanation points. After all the trouble it has taken us to get here, I feel much more relief and gratitude than I feel excitement. Yes, we are finally expecting.

Because I'm past 12 weeks now, I finally feel confident enough to spread the good news. There is ONE and only ONE little bean in there. No triplets this time, and I can't say that I'm disappointed. The little Black bean is planned to enter this world on December 24th. I'm not kidding. Since we already have Christmas, our anniversary, and my birthday . . . someone must have figured December just wasn't busy enough for us. Yet, I can't help but feel this is how it was meant to be.

In the mean time, Black bean has been sending signals to me that he or she HATES veggies, since I've hardly been able to stomach any for months. I figured this meant that we definitely have Ryan's genes in there, but I've also been anti-sweets. That doesn't sound like either of us. Either way, I seem to be dealing with food better than I was and hope I keep feeling like myself again. Even if it is little by little. While I thought I'd never ever be able to do daily shots (ha! I've been doing two-a-days), I found I'd rather give a shot than vomit. Vomiting is definitely in my top five greatest fears.

My next appointment is in three weeks, and I'm hoping the doctor can determine the gender. Since it will be just shy of 16 weeks, it may be iffy. Now that the news is out, I'll be better at keeping everyone posted. We're so grateful for the support and prayers during this "process," so thank you all!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations! May all continue to go well. :)

Hilary said...

I'll say it in all caps: YEA!!!!!!!
Congrats to you two...soon to be three.

Rina said...

I'll say it here too. YAY!!!!!!!!!

Time for a ticker!

Crissybug said...

Christi!!! I am so excited for you! Let me know if I can help you out in any way. Looks like your baby will be the caboose of the loads of kids being born into our ward this year!

Kylee said...

CONGRATS!!! We could not be more happy for you! Definitely keep us posted on how things are going....and especially if it is a boy or girl! That totally made my day to see this!

Kate said...

So happy for you!!! We've been thinking about you and praying for you for a long time (and we'll continue to do so!) Congratulations!!!!

Nathan said...

Congratulations! If you're like my wife, you will suddenly LOVE chocolate (which is probably because my daughter has some of MY genes).