Tracker

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Uninvited Guests - to Our Wedding

Most girls dream of a big wedding. I guess I was one of those girls. But when it came time to plan my own, my mom and I had a long talk. Because we were getting married over Christmas vacation, things would be pretty hectic for everyone. I decided the two most important things to me were 1.) that I married Ryan and 2.) that I celebrate it with those I loved most--not everybody I've ever had a conversation with. So we had a quiet little reception with only close friends and family. For me, it was perfect. And Ryan....well, he was disappointed we didn't get steak as a main dish with little steaks as a side dish, but I think he was content otherwise.

My mom came across our guest book and sent it with me a few months ago. I went through the guest list and was surprised at some of the guests. Like I said, it was a small reception. How could there be guests I didn't invite? These uninvited guests include: Diana Ross, Jean Luc Picard, Spock, Romyulaus, Worf, Jordi, and something that looks like DHA or something. Now, the handwriting is varied for all of these signatures, so I'm thinking it was a group effort. Would anyone like to confess? Or tell on a friend? Or should I assume these people were really all there, and I was so off in la-la land that I didn't notice?

See Scott, you're the only one off the hook! Maybe being left out isn't so bad . . . ?

2 comments:

Kate said...

Jason and I still debate about having big steaks for dinner with little steaks on the side... he agrees that it is a great idea!
Our wedding guest book has "Susan" written in it, which is the name of the ghost that supposedly haunted my Liberty Square apartment :)

Rina said...

Have you questioned your husband?