Tracker

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Two Easter Bunnies?

The Easter bunny never visited my mom at our house. If you know what I mean. So I assumed things would be the same at the Black residence. I took matters into my own hands and bought myself some candy this year I convinced the Easter bunny to leave a little pile of candy for me, next to the larger pile for Ryan. A nicle little pile of Reese's eggs. Mmmmm....

Imagine my surprise when I went to open the fridge and found a large cadbury egg in the door ice dispenser (what are those called anyway?). I ran and found Ryan who guessed there could be seven more eggs also hidden in the kitchen. He's a good guesser. That's exactly what I found. I was so excited to go on an Easter egg hunt! [I haven't had one of those since my freshman year of college when we had one with my special eggs and Earl (name NOT changed to protect the innocent) lost one, making the set useless. Luckily the cadbury hunt went much better!]

I was so touched that the Easter bunny remembered me. He must've made two trips to our house this year!

Growing up, my mom worked so hard to make each holiday a special one. I don't claim to have her thoughtfulness, but I definitely want to be like that. She was always a one-woman show when it came to that kind of thing and never really had any help.. I'm so grateful that I don't think I'll have to do it alone at our house.

1 comment:

Rina said...

Cute. Good job E.B.