Tracker

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Turning on the Oven

We have been out of the 90's now for a week or two, so I can finally turn on the oven. Okay, so I have been using it the summer through, but I tried to use it as little as possible. Now I can just let it run, baby. I've made things like my grandma's rolls, midnight chocolate cake, twice baked potatoes, and butternut squash puree. [Did you know twice baked potatoes aren't that hard? I've never made them before because baking something twice seemed difficult. I was wrong! They're easier than mashed because you only have one bowl to clean and you can leave them in the oven instead of hovering over the stove to occasionally stir.] Anyway, I'm pretty excited. What have you been putting in your oven lately?

4 comments:

Kate said...

Yum! Those all sound really good.

Nathan said...

Thanks for mentioning the words "chocolate" and "cake" in the same sentence.

Now I know what I'm going to have to make before I go to sleep tonight.

Rina said...

I made some banana bread last night and I ate some of Mom's pies when I came over for breakfast this morning. Mmmmm.... That's what is cooking around here.

Can I get your recipe for twice baked potatoes? That is one I have never attempted.

Christie said...

Rina, next time we're in town, I think I'll need a lesson on pies. As for twice baked potatoes . . . Bake potatoes like usual (1 hr @ 450). Slice in half and scoop out the middles. Mash middles and mix with milk, cream, whatever just like. Then throw the mix back in the shells, top with cheese, and put back in oven long enough to melt cheese.