Tracker

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Memories

1. We played Scattergories and for an "S" hobby Ryan said, "For a hobbit, I put Samwise Gamgee." Maybe you had to be there, but it was a funny play on words to me.

2. This interchange between my family:
Aunt to my future biology teacher brother: You should tutor your cousin in biology.
Brother to my scholarly cousin: You're not doing well in biology?
Scholarly cousin: No, I'm doing fine. I have a C.
Brother sighs.

3. While playing Taboo I blurted out "pigeon stool!" when the answer was obviously (to everyone else anyway) "stool pigeon." Oops.

4. I pointed out to my brother that he's more closely related to me than any other human on earth. He quickly proceeded to pick up his butter knife and stab it to his chest. Then he mumbled something about his stupid sternum being in the way. Again, you probably had to be there, but I giggled so hard I snorted.

Hope you all enjoyed yours too!

6 comments:

Meredith said...

So glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Tamara said...

Those made me laugh - thanks Christie.

Karl said...

Meh. I wish I could have been there. Maybe next year. Will you be in Abq for Christmas?

Christie said...

We're actually not going anywhere for Christmas. Will you get to go home? It sure was weird without you and Erik there. :)

Karl said...

Ya, at the moment my boss says I can have 23-28th off.

Christie said...

I'm glad you get to come home. I'm sure your family and Grammie will be very glad too. :)