Tracker

Sunday, February 12, 2012

7 Weeks and 7 Things about Angela

Angela is now seven weeks old. Today, in fact. She isn't doing too many "tricks" besides looking cute/beautiful or sad/pathetic to suit the situation. Instead of her achievements I thought I'd share some of my favorite things about her in general as well as some of my favorite pictures.

1. I love her hair. When it's wet and uncombed, it goes super curly! When combed, it's just wavy but oh so soft. I love to rub my cheek against the top of her head when she's lying on my shoulder.

2. She has several adorable gowns, and they're my favorite for night time. When I feed her, often her little feeties stick out of the bottom. Precious.

Look at those little feeties!

3. Angela came to this world alert and wanting to learn. She loves to stare and look around her, taking it all in. At least once a day she makes good eye contact with me and I try to have a long conversation with her. She sits and listens very well, although I have to infer a bit from her responses.

This is her at less than one week old! She's already staring intently.

4. When Angela's not alert and learning, she's eating or sleeping or crying. Being so busy makes her a serious baby. But we do get the occasional smile and it just melts our hearts!

5. She has lots of pretty faces, but she also has some pretty funny ones too. She makes a face like a pirate when she's being burped and makes a little turtle-like face when stretching. But the best one is when she's doing her "business." I laugh basically every time she poops.

See those curls! This isn't one of her better faces though.
6. Her cheeks are really filling out and I noticed her thighs are too. She may or may not be growing an extra chin.



7. I love to give her kisses. I kiss her nakey tummy, I kiss her chubby cheeks, I kiss her little hands, and I cannot resist kissing her sweet, sweet head (I sniff in the sweet baby smell while I'm at it).


3 comments:

Carmen K said...

Isn't amazing all the little things you love about your baby! I love smelling my babies hair too & kissing their little feet.
Angela sound a lot like my first baby. She is truly precious!

Alana said...

Love it!

Tamara said...

Kissing on little babies is on of my favorite things. Kiss her a lot because one day she will tell you not to...as my Janie does. Three year olds- gheez.