Tracker

Thursday, July 30, 2009

And the Desert Shall Rejoice, and Blossom as the Rose

Life is a little rough out in the desert. I'm reminded every time I get into my sweltering car and the thermometer reads 120. I tried to grow some marigolds and they fried. It was horrifying to see them die so quickly, even when planted inches away from the drip system. Experiences like that may be discouraging, but I appreciate this even more:



We have two of these bushes, and I think they're some kind of desert sage. Even though they're not my favorite, I LOVE when they look like that.

2 comments:

Rina said...

Pretty!

croaking toad said...

Drip system .. that brings back memories. I had forgotten about having plants .. each with their own little life line.

I haven't watered a single thing this year and everything is growing like a weed ... including the weeds. Okay so they won't be doing so great when it is 10 below and buried under 3 feet of snow this winter.