Tracker

Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Time These Days

Lately my days have been filled with the normal day-to-day things (work, cooking, dinner, etc.) as well as primary stuff (preparing for the new year is the busiest time for primary secretaries) and dealing with my dad's affairs. People keep asking me if things are about settled. Anyone asking must never have been in charge of someone's affairs before. I am continually shocked by how much has to be done. My dad was a financially savvy man, and he was involved in some complicated transactions--making my job that much more exciting. If I finish within a year, I'll be thrilled. Here is a picture Ryan took of me sorting through statements and bills. Believe it or not, the volume of paper was about 50% bigger than that before I was done.



On the bright side, I am learning all kinds of things I never knew before about estates and settling affairs. Then again, this isn't knowledge I hope to use again anytime soon.

1 comment:

Rina said...

Christie - that is a lot of work. You are doing a good job. (And I like the little glimpse of your furnished house.)